Documentation | Kasbah Tighramt N'Ait Idar
The response we got from the Director of Water Resources Agency of Souss Massa Daraa region
A correspondence from the Director of Water Resources Agency of Souss Massa Daraa region to Jamal Kassi on the 25th of April 2012 says that it has been verified that all the people holding the name of Kassi benefited from the compensation made in return for the expropriation mention above including El Houssine Abderrahman Kassi. Also, the Kasbah under discussion “here was expropriated” in the name of Aberrahman Kassi.
Then we got:
- List of Kassi’s heirs expropriation documents,
- The expropriation lists which contain the expropriation act of Tighremt N’ait Idar made in the name of Abderrahman Kassi.
This administration, sending us these lists, considered them as a proof of the compensation made for Kassi family, which was a faulty mistake that we can unravel in the following:
The first list contains: List of Kassi’s heirs expropriation documents,
The second list contains: The expropriation lists which contain the expropriation act of Tighremt N’ait Idar made in the name of Abderrahman Kassi.
After extensive examination of these two lists, it has been obvious that there was no indication to such a place called Tighremt N’Ait Idar located in “Izlagan”, which made it a self contradictory proof of baseless claims. To explain this, I state the following (page7 and page8):
- No indication was dedicated to the house inside the Tighremt N’Ait Idar Kasbah.
- A contradiction was made between the expropriation of a house by the name “Irhem Ezlagane” and what was mentioned in the correspondence received from the Director of Water Resources Agency of Souss Massa Daraa region.
- On one hand it talks about “Taourirt Island”, and ,on the other hand, it talks about an inexistent list which the Director mentioned above, which said that it’s stands for the house called “Tighremt N’Ait Idar”.
- Confusing facts: there was no distinction between “Taourirt Island” and “Tighremt N’Ait Idar”. The correspondence received from the Director of Water Resources Agency of Souss Massa Daraa region referred to a place called “Taourirt Island”, which is in fact another black mountain’s peak standing beside the place where the historical Kasbah is.
- While examining the list, it has been also clear that “Irhem Ezlagane”, which is not far from “Taourirt N’zbib”, was compensated for, according to Mr Abderrahman Kassi and other witnesses from the same district.
- In Addition to this, a problem of the surface area arose. The list shows that “Erhem Ezlagane” is 200 square meters, whereas the house inside the Kasbah “Tighremt N’Ait Idar” is 1600 square meters.